If you are still getting good weather where you are is there a safe way to
1) The best way to get vitamin D is naturally from the sun
2) There are however some people who cannot go out in the sun either
physically or because of a history of skin cancer.
3) If you are able to enjoy the good weather then the best time to naturally
expose your skin to the correct wavelength of ultraviolet light for making
vitamin D is between 10am and 2pm.
4) When you skin starts to go pink-it may be as little as 10 minutes or less
depending on the colour of you skin then cover up
5) By getting a little sun everyday over the summer then your body will
store vitamin Din readiness for the winter.
6) If you work indoors or we have a very poor summer then you should
supplement with vitamin D
FLU VACCINATION INFORMATION
This year GGHB is running the flu vaccination service.
If you are over 65, then please wait for your letter from the NHS. That will give you the date, time and venue . (Younger patients e.g. 65 year olds are being vaccinatedfirst) It’s also important to point out that the over 65 vaccine is different from the one given to the under 65’s and also different from the one that may be available on a private basis. The under 65’s at risk e.g. asthmatics those with diabetes etc willeither be done at their GP practice or again at a hub.
If you are under 65 and a carer please contact the pharmacy on 0141 633 3868 or firstname.lastname@example.org where you can book in for a vaccine. Unfortunately our private service is at capacity just now and we have a waiting list